Saturday, November 12, 2011

Amazing Grace Background Story

Here is a lovely video explaining the background story of the beloved hymn "Amazing Grace" that I thought you all might enjoy.

I don't believe in accidents - I agree with the video's speaker that there's a reason behind John Newton's selection of the tune.  Enjoy! :-)




Note: I notice I continue to get a significant number of hits on this post, even though I published it well over a year ago.  The post's title must match a lot of Google search terms. :-)  Having to do with this same topic is my post discussing the debate of hymns versus "Contemporary Christian Music."  You might also enjoy this blog as a whole - our focus is relevant Bible study and discussions of Christianity in today's culture.  Here is our home page.  I hope to see you around! :-)

No comments: