Sunday, January 1, 2012

First Weekend Post of the New Year

First, this week's video:




Second, Bible study tip of the week:

Both read and study the Bible.

In my Bible study time, I like to do some casual reading (literally, just reading) as well as some in-depth study.  This enables me to take in a large amount of Scripture very quickly so that I am familiar with God's entire Word (and so that certain passages are more likely to come to mind when I am doing an actual study), as well as probe the intricate treasures of Scripture that can only be discovered through intensive study.  We shouldn't neglect either.

Speaking of which, are any of you doing a through-the-Bible-in-a-year program this year?  If you'd like to but haven't chosen a program yet, here's a site you might like: http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/
It offers reading plans (1) from Genesis to Revelation, (2) chronoligically, that is, when the events occurred, (3) historically, that is, following the order the books are believed to have been written in, and (4) a mix of Old and New Testament each day.

Finally, prayer requests.
My prayer request for the week is: I've got a lot I want to accomplish on this last week of Christmas break; please pray that I am productive.
Please leave your prayer requests in the comments section.  I'd love to pray for you! ^_^

No comments: