Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Aaron's Blessing

Didn't want you all to think I'd forgotten about you. ^_^

Unfortunately, I won't have time to write another spiritual gift post until Friday - all my professors apparently decided that we'd appreciate Spring Break all the more if they really loaded the homework on us the couple weeks leading up to it. ;-)

So anyway, I ran across this famous passage last night and it really struck me for some reason, despite having heard it numerous times before:

(Exodus 6)
22 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
23 "Speak to Aaron and to his sons, saying, 'Thus you shall bless the sons of Israel.  You shall say to them:
24 The Lord bless you, and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you.
26 The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.'
27 So they shall invoke My name on the sons of Israel, and I then will bless them."

Here's the cool part - the book of Hebrews makes clear that we as Christians are now God's priests, and there are numerous examples in the New Testament of people giving blessings.  So, do such blessings as the one above still *work*?  I would say yes.

So, this is what I pray over you today, my readers.

No comments: