Saturday, May 19, 2012

We Will Dance

I'm going to switch things up by starting with the music video today to get us in the right mood (you'll see why in a minute).  This is Aaron Pelsue's version of "We Will Dance."





Okay, now with that song in mind, let's move on to this week's Bible study tip.  We've talked before about different ways of reading stories in the Bible of what happened in the past to make them more real to us, but thus far we haven't talked about passages in Scripture that discuss the future - like passages about what heaven will be like for us.  Honestly, this comes a bit harder to me, but I've learned a couple of tricks over the years. :-)  First, whenever I encounter such a passage, I take a moment to sit back and just try to wrap my head around the fact that we will experience it.  Second, I've found that songs like the one above help me cement it in my head as reality.

Finally, onto prayer requests.  Mine for this week is: I've got more relatives doing a lot of travel this week (that's happening a lot lately, huh?).  Please pray for their safety.

Now it's your turn!  What can I pray for you this week?  What other ways can you think of to make futuristic Scripture passages seem all the more real to us?  What did you think about the song?

No comments: