Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Few Things I'm Thankful for This Year

I'm thankful that I live in a time and place where studying the Word of God is so available.  I have access to so many Bible study resources on the Internet, money to purchase "Christian Living" books, commentaries, and study tools, there is no preventive persecution where I can be arrested for owning a Bible, and *under the New Covenant) the Holy Spirit lives inside me, revealing the truths of God Word on a deeper level than was available in Old Testament times.

I'm thankful that God chooses to be represented to the world by such an incapable, unqualified, motley crew as we - we who so often misrepresent Him.

I'm thankful that we live in an age when prophecy is being fulfilled right before our eyes.  I'm not big on freaking out and thinking the end of the world's coming tomorrow just because of what's going on in the Middle East right now (see the last post), but so much End Times prophecy is lining up in a way it never has before.  Consider...  The UN's increasing power brings us ever closer to the one-world government we know is coming.  America, Israel's only friend for a long time, is steadily turning its back on Israel - getting us closer to the day when all nations are enemies of Israel.  Chips in ell phones and special watches for athletes already function as storing all credit card and personal information, and the technology to insert such a chip under the skin is already functional, and *this* close to being marketable...and they're suggesting putting it in the back of the hand...in other words, for the first time in history, the technology needed for the mark of the beast is there.  Wars are happening more often.  Earthquakes are ramping up big-time - just talk to any geologist.  All of these demonstrate that we're getting close.  So, scary as it is, I cannot cease to be amazed when I see these prophecies from way back when coming true to a T.

I'm thankful for beauty, and music, and art.  There is so much joy behind those words.

I'm thankful for the promise of an eternity with no time crunches, no stress, no endless to-do lists, and no sleep deprivation.

I'm thankful that we do not need to have the Phobia of Death that members of so many other religions have.  They face death not knowing their fate, for they believe they are yet to be judged - but we have a promise from God.

I'm thankful for my family.

What are you thankful for this year?
 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!  In the midst of the day, when you're busy with feasting, cooking, cleaning, watching football, and visiting with family, be sure to take a moment to remember what the day's actual purpose is - and get on your knees before God and genuinely thank Him from your heart.

No comments: