Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wisdom of the Ages about the Bible, and a Song that is FINALLY Out!

Today I'm doing a new slant on my weekend practice of sharing a Bible study tip: I'm sharing some of my absolute favorite quotes about the Bible from throughout history. :-)

The Holy Scriptures are our letters from home.
- St. Augustine of Hippo

A man can't be always defending the truth; there must be a time to feed on it.
- C.S. Lewis

Some read the Bible to learn and some read the Bible to hear from heaven.
- Andrew Murray

Some read their Bible in Hebrew, some in Greek; I like to read mine in the Holy Ghost.
- Smith Wigglesworth

You are writing a gospel, a chapter each day;
By the things that you do, by the things that you say.
Others read that gospel, whether faithless or true!
Say! What is the Gospel According to You?
Someone's watching.  Someone's listening.  Say!
What is the Gospel According to You?
- Anonymous

And this last one was actually originally written about Shakespeare, but I think it fits marvelously:

(A person should) read with his spine and not with his skull.
- Vladimir Nabokov

Now, this is a song that I have been hearing on the radio for months and anxiously awaiting its release so I could download it: "Reckless" by Jeremy Camp.  Have you heard it yet?




Have any cool quotes about the Bible to share?  What about Christian songs you've really gotten into lately? :-)

No comments: