Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Topic and Opportunity from a Bit ahead in Matthew

Matthew 25:31-46 came to mind today when I learned about an amazing opportunity from the Voice of the Martyrs' affiliate Prisoner Alert.

In this passage, Jesus says:

Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me ... Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me."

In America, it's easy to minister to other believers by providing for their physical needs and helping them with medical issues, but people aren't exactly thrown in prison for being Christians in this part of the world.  But today, I encountered an easy way to reach out to our brothers and sisters in prison for their faith!

Prisoner Alert provides a list of Christians in prison from their faith who are able to receive letters, and translation tools and instructions to write a simple letter of encouragement to them.

Click here to start a letter now.  I for one am super excited about this opportunity! :-)

No comments: