Sunday, June 17, 2012

Getting Back to How It Was

One thing that has been on my mind a *lot* lately is how different the modern American concepts of church and Christian identity are from how they were in the days of the New Testament.  It's one of those things that I have thought about before, but it never bothered me terribly until recently.

In that vein, this week's Bible study tip is: When reading the New Testament, consciously focus on aspects that are nowadays written off as "cultural differences," and think for yourself whether this is really the case.  Let me know what you come up with. :-)

I'd also like to share this video of a spoken word poem by M. D. Willems.  It really gets you thinking about how true Christian identity clashes with - and has been negatively altered by - American culture.




Sorry I'm giving you two huge things to think about that I'm hoping will keep bugging you for weeks to come. ;-)

Any thoughts?  Anything you'd like prayer for?

No comments: